Local SEO is a more focused optimization technique concentrated on a given geographical area.
For example, when you search for “restaurants in my area” or “landscapers in Monroe, NC” you are counting on Google to pull up leads that are in that vicinity. If you wish to reach those consumers specifically looking for a product or service in a concentrated area or region, local SEO is the way to go for your website. It’s especially useful if your business has a brick and mortar location. Mobile Internet access has exploded and it’s complex and ever-changing. Google is continuously trying to cater to user needs and it changes page algorithms quite frequently to meet those growing needs. One of the changes in recent years has been to reward mobile-friendly sites with higher organic visibility in the search results. Thus, a mobile-friendly site is a good idea if you wish to increase your chances of being seen. Having an SEO professional in place to interpret and maneuver your site to meet Google’s adjustments is a game-changer.
Local SEO Pricing
Many things go into pricing and can influence fees associated with local SEO services. Beware of pre-packaged pricing. This may not be the best bang for your buck. The ideal company will sit down with you to talk about your business, your current marketing strategies, your business goals, and your budget.
The following are just a few important factors we consider when quoting your Local SEO needs:
Are there any SEO measures already in place or are you starting from scratch? Also if there are strategies in place, do they follow Webmasters’ guidelines and are they hindering rather than helping your website? How well is your website currently communicating with search engines? After an SEO audit with our professionals, we will present you with all your Local SEO options to meet your goals and budget.
It is beneficial to have a landing page and local SEO set up for each physical location associated with your business.
It is a good idea to have a landing page for each product or service you offer.
Are you in a niche market with little to no local competition or are you in a rather saturated market? Of course the more competition you have the more strategies needed to help you to rise to the top.
When ranking a website, Google takes into consideration the value of links and references to your website on other pages. High-quality links and references back to your website is very beneficial for rankings although, it is a strategy that’s in-depth and ongoing.
Local SEO Company
Local SEO is a way to optimize your website so people in a certain area can find it. It’s especially beneficial for companies with a physical address. Local SEO is complex and encompasses many strategies for local optimization, therefore it’s wise to find a professional who specifically has this realm of expertise.
Here are a few things to think about when hiring a local SEO professional:
Be sure you obtain input and recommendations from a few different SEO companies.
Ask for case studies or references!
Are they completely transparent on what you are investing in and how they will measure your ROI?
There’s also a national and international SEO so you want an expert who specifically has experience with local SEO.
There are so many things that can be done both on your site and on other sites to optimize locally. Do they specialize in just one type of strategy or do they incorporate many techniques across different industries and markets? Ideally, you want the ladder. Along with strategies, ask them what tools they use for optimization and how they work. You should hear terms such as Moz Local and advanced web rankings.
It’s a semantic vocabulary of tags that can be added to HTML code to improve the way search engines understand your page thus providing richer search results. You may be able to get ahead of your competitors by using markup because many may not be using it yet. It can give your page an advantage but it’s complicated. Things need to be configured precisely and a professional will most certainly need to handle this for you.
There are rules to the SEO game and if you don’t abide by them, it can harm the visibility of your site, the reputation of your company and worse case, your bottom line. That’s why it’s so important to find an SEO professional you can trust and who knows what they are doing.
Local SEO Tips
Local SEO is a complicated specialty but the ideal SEO professional can easily optimize your website so that people in your area can find you.
11 Local SEO tips to help your business!
- Your Title and Description on your website should promote your brand and you should avoid generic terms in your page title.
- Sprinkle regional keywords into your landing pages. For example, if you are trying to reach people in Hickory, NC, make sure Hickory, NC is located somewhere on your page.
- Have a landing page for each specific location of your company.
- Optimize your site for voice search. Billions of searches are done monthly utilizing technology such as Siri, Alexa, and Google.
- Be sure your site loads quickly – Google likes speed! Go to PageSpeed Insights and check out their website mobile speed test.
- Make sure your site is presentable and user-friendly for a mobile device.
- Consider Citations – to rise in the ranks you’re going to need citations. This is a process of making your name known across the Web. Listing your NAP (Name, Address & Phone number) on certain sites helps accumulate business for your company. A popular tool for this is Moz Local.
- Make your NAP (Name, address, phone number) consistent across all platforms and sites. For example, consistently using Dr. versus Drive.
- Get on Google My Business (GMB)!
- Start asking clients to leave positive reviews and testimonies on your GMB page.
- Satisfied customers will be happy to vouch for you and this will attract new business.